Investigation of 5-Year-old Missing Boy Goes to Lake

A search for a missing 5-year-old South Pasadena boy continued last Saturday morning at Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara County.

Using a drone, investigators began looking for evidence in connection to the disappearance of Aramazd Andressian Jr., reported missing by his mother on April 22 after the father failed to show up with the boy in a planned custody exchange.

Authorities say approximately 30 miles of roads, covering a distance between Nojoqui Falls, Solvang to Lake Cachuma, were explored during the search. Investigators came up empty in finding the boy.

Aramazd Andressian Sr., 35, the father of the boy, told investigators he and his son were at the Lake Cachuma Recreation Area the day before he went missing. Police dogs, dive teams and a helicopter helped in the search of the lake in the days following the boy’s disappearance. Investigators found no evidence indicating Andressian Jr. was there. A witness told Sheriff’s officials she saw the boy with his father when she was camping at Lake Cachuma.

Authorities are not saying what prompted them to return to Lake Cachuma for the lates search of the area, but did indicate they believe Andressian Sr. traveled around Lake Cachuma with his son and in the areas of Solvang and Nojoqui Falls.

On April 21, at about 1 a.m., Aramazd “Piqui” Andressian Jr. was last seen on video footage as he left Disneyland with his father. The next day, Andressian Sr. was found passed out in South Pasadena’s Arroyo Park, the day his son was reported missing. Detectives said the father did not remember any details about what happened to his son. South Pasadena Police Chief Art Miller said the man has not been “very cooperative” with authorities.

On April 22, Andressian Sr. was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment and child abduction, but was later released for lack of evidence.

A $20,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the discovery of the boy. During last week’s South Pasadena City Council meeting, the mother of the boy, Ana Estevez, made a passionate plea for councilmembers to increase the reward money.